Followers

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Precision Piecing

Good morning my blogging friends,

Hurry Up Spring!

This Saturday, March 15, 2014 I will be presenting a demo at Happiness is...Quilting in McKinney Texas.  This month's topic is precision piecing.

QF Friendship Stars

I would not hold myself up as a precision piecer.  Life is too short for me to actually care all that much about how straight my seams are; however, I have learned a few things about it over the years.


In the process of quilting over 1000 quilts I have gleaned a few tidbits, a few pearls of wisdom that might be of use to other quilters. It is these that I will share free of charge between the hours of 11:00 am and 1:00 pm.

If you could share just one tip about precision piecing what would it be?

2 comments:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Wow! Fab quilts! I'm not a precision piecer either. I think it's easiest to foundation ir paper piece if you need perfection, otherwise you need to be really accurate with cutting, but mostly I think that you shouldn't aim for perfection - apparently the native Americans, when making their traditional beaded clothing, would deliberately put a single bead in the wrong place to ensure their would wasn't perfect, as only God is capable of perfection snd we shouldn't try to copy God! If I have a student who is stressing about matching seams or wanting to unsew, I show them s couple of publications I have collected where a block is clearly not as it should be, we discuss the 3 yard rule, and I explain things are never "wrong " it's just an unexpected design outcome!!!!!

Lynne said...

Press carefully and often using a really hot iron! (I know I'm too late to contribute but just wanted to add my "two cents worth"!)