Followers

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Looking Back at December 2013

Business wasn't overwhelming this month.  I only worked on 7 quilts for customers (one of them being my Mom's quilt that ended up beinging wrapped as a surprise for her under the tree.)  That was a good thing.

Between holiday parties, and an ice storm that locked North Texas up for a week, and family visits there wasn't a whole lot of time for quilting.  Here is a peak at what I did.


Tops to Treasures 12/2013

I also spent a day at Happiness is Quilting sharing tips on fussy cutting.  (I will be there again this coming Saturday, Jan 4 to teach my Midwinter Cozy quilt.)

I'm glad to be looking ahead to 2014.  There are lots of fun things planned for Tops to Treasures, new patterns to debut on Moda Bake Shop, another quilt for a magazine, and several classes for Happiness is Quilting.

You could say I've hit the ground running in 2014.  Please pray for stamina!  

My Johnny is in his last semester of his last year of high school.  (For my European friends that is his 12th and last year of public school.  It is a very exciting time for them.)  Next fall he will be off to college.  He and his older brother will be attending Ouachita Baptist College in Arkadelphia, Arkansas.  They are very excited about spending time together...and NO they will not be room mates.  Noah says he has had enough of sharing his room with 18 year olds....besides, upper class-men get better digs.  

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Unless it was devastating financially, a slower month won't hurt you. We all need a little down time, although it doesn't seem you had much of that.

Enjoy John's last semester at home. The end of summer will bring big changes for you.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Haven't your customers made some lovely quilts!!! Do your colleges have shared rooms ? I think our university "halls" are mostly own rooms