Followers

Monday, December 2, 2013

November in my Rearview....

It is hard to believe that 2013 is nearly over.  November is done and gone.  The turkey and stuffing and cranberry sauce have been made, shared with family, and turned into a weekend of glorious leftovers.  The kids are back to school and wondering how they are going to make it the three weeks to the big break at Christmas.  (Don't tell them, but I am kind of wondering that too.)

This month at Tops to Treasures I quilted 13 quilts, of various sizes and for various purposes, but all for happy customers.

November 2013 Tops to Treasures

I also taught two sessions at Happiness is Quilting...one was a class for S'more Mountains.  The pattern is free on Moda Bake Shop...

S'more Mountains

the other was a demo on paper piecing.    In both cases it was fun to spend the day in the cozy atmosphere of a quilt shop and share with other quilters.  I'd be thrilled to see those of you in the vicinity at my next events with Happiness.  December 21st, I will be there from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm for a quick demo on fussy cutting.  January 4th I will be there all day teaching Midwinter Cozy.


I also got to see my son's football team play in the Cowboy's Stadium in Arlington Texas.  Wow - what a huge facility.  
While we waited for our game to start....it didn't start until 9:45 pm on a school night.
  (Yeah, my thoughts too, but what are you going to do?)


Pumped up and waiting their grand entrance to the field.
Our team didn't win....but it was a grand adventure for them.

My final finish of the month was a "tacky sweater" for my oldest son.  He is bound and determined to win every "Tacky Sweater Contest" he comes across....so to keep your trek into Christmas jolly I'll leave you with one last picture....  
You should see it when the nose is blinking and the techno version of Rudolph is singing!
My dear husband had to try it on to see if Rudolph was positioned correctly.  Noah has promised me a video of the sweater in all it's glory (lights blinking, song singing, boy dancing.)  I will be sure to share that with you when I get it.

6 comments:

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Thanks again from one of your happy customers! LOL at the sweater and how exciting to play in that huge venue.

Canadian Abroad said...

That sweater is hysterical. Glad to hear you are teaching. You have so much knowledge that it is good to pass it on.

Eeeek! The code to type in below to prove I'm not a robot is blessew. How appropriae two words blended in one there.

Lynne said...

What a great month you had! Noah must be a very confident young man to get around in that very cute sweater!

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Sounds like a great November, and you are a fab mum to create that sweatshirt, hope he wins!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

You've had a fab sewing year. And that swetshirt is just amazing :)

Sarah said...

The sweater is hilarious! I hope he wins a prize. Wow, what an adventure for your younger son, playing at the. Cowboys stadium. Enviable.