Followers

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Liebster Part 1






I am so far behind that I am chasing my tail.  Several weeks ago my sweet blogging friend Lynne sent me the lovely Liebster.  I am just now doing my part.

Here are the rules:
  1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
  2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you
  3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate
  4. Choose 11 blogs with less than 200 followers and link them in your post.

Today I will respond to the first two items on the "rules" list.

11 Random Things about Cindy

  1. I turn 50 in April (Oh my gosh - how did that happen?!)
  2. I am left handed, but can write equally well with either hand.
  3. My natural bent is toward the silly side.
  4. I love the sound of birds singing outside my windows.
  5. I used to have long dark hair.  Now I have long dark hair that is streaked with grey.  (I have the mark of the skunk!)
  6. I have no tattoos - nor do I plan to get any.
  7. I spent many, many years studying piano, and was a TA in the music department in college.
  8. I was made in Massachusetts - but didn't live there long enough to learn how to spell it.
  9. I like blue cheese.
  10. I don't have a favorite color - I have a favorite spectrum - bright!
  11. My first car was a 1986 Honda Accord hatchback

My answers to Lynne's 11 questions

  1. Where were you when Armstrong walked on the moon? First I'd have to know when he walked on the moon....Siri says....July 20, 1969 22:56:15 EDT....I remember watching it on the TV in my grandparents living room....but I was probably sleeping when it actually happened.
  2. What colours in decorating, fashion or stitching do you remember without hesitation?  Honestly, I've never paid much attention to fashion. 
  3. What was your favourite childhood toy? When I was a kid my favorite "toy" was an old upright piano.  I spent hours alone in the basement playing it.  It was probably my best friend. 
  4. Name one song that you can sing from beginning to end. "Away in the Manger"  I used to sing it to my baby because it was the only song I could remember all of the words to.
  5. Name one advertising jingle from your pre-adult days that you remember clearly (and then tell me music has no power!) How about the theme song to the Banana Spits?  I don't remember any advertising jingles....probably would if you sang one to me though.
  6. When did you get your first computer? 1990ish.  I remember playing Space Quest on it with my husband in the spare bed room of our first house.
  7. When did you start blogging and why?  1/20/2011 I'm not sure why, but I am glad I did.
  8. How many UFOs/WIPs can you name right now? 8 or 9, but it isn't polite to count.
  9. What makes you laugh?  My cats, and a beautiful sunny spring day. 
  10. What's the first thing you think of when you hear/read the word "Australia"? The movie with Hugh Jackman in it quickly followed by the awesome friends I have made there via blogging.
  11. What's for dinner? Who's cooking? I have no idea what is for dinner...but I am pretty sure my husband will be cooking it.

The other two items on the rules list are for another day.
 

2 comments:

Canadian Abroad said...

Loving learning more about you, and I'm only three months behind you on point number one. How did that happen indeed?!

Lynne said...

Love your answers - thanks for playing along!