Followers

Monday, January 7, 2013

Ta-done!

I've two finishes! Wa-hoo!

This one I designed for my son's boss/coach/sponsor at Howard College. It is to be gifted to some lucky participant in the Everette Blackburn Rockin' Rodeo Sports Medicine Clinic in April. If you look closely you can see the ropers quilted into the large white areas. It is on it's way to Big Spring at this very moment....with my Noah. (I thought it would get easier to say good-bye....but it hasn't. I'm not crying my eyes out like I did the first time....but I have been distracting myself with a flurry of house cleaning. Both tears and house cleaning are signs that something is up with me....I don't often do either.)

My second finish is "Rar!" I whipped it together last week for the brand new baby of one of our pastors. The back is a yummy green cuddle that I found at JoAnn's...with a 40% off coupon...I love the way the Animal Tracks by Vickie Malaski looks....giant fossils!

Can't believe I forgot to take a picture of the finished quilt...oh well. I hope it blesses the socks off of my friends and their new little boy.

Time to go back to the frantic cleaning...either that or start crying and that gives me a head ache so cleaning it will be.

 

6 comments:

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Great quilts! And, yes I too am in desperation mode when the cleaning bug strikes... generally a sign of MAJOR procrastination about a task worse than cleaning ;-D. My youngest is a HS junior but it seems time is going at warp speed these days.

Canadian Abroad said...

Lovely finishes. Those animal tracks are a brilliant quilting idea. Sorry about the tears and cleaning. I've the tears but no cleaning gene at all. My house wishes I did.

Lynne said...

We have so much in common -- I don't cry or clean either! I wish you joy and peace as you settle into normal life again.

I love both your quilts, the one for the coach is so classy!

Fabric Warrior (aka Amie) said...

Great job on both of these quilts. Love the plaid fabric on the baby quilt.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

He'll be back soon, enjoy the peace and one less to feed!

Martha S said...

Hello mate nice bloog