Followers

Thursday, May 3, 2012

All in a days work....

I worked on this quilt today while I did laundry.

I got the center all done and thought I would take a picture of it in the sunshine.

But the wind wasn't playing nice. Just as the shutter clicked the wind tossed the corner up.

So, I took it inside and put it on my bed.

I want to add a border.

Would you believe I bought 6 yards of this and it was 1/2 yard short of what I needed to make the back and border. I had to go back to the quilt shop. Ratz.

When I got home I had an email from my niece asking if I could make some pillows for her bed. This is her new color scheme.

Oh well. She is a great kid and will love what I have already made. The backing might even blend in, in the dark, with the lights out. And it is big enough for all of her 5' 10" and the dog too.

3 comments:

carol fun said...

I LOVE the orange Dresdens - and that border is perfect! Great quilt!

Sarah Ashford said...

What a gorgeous orange quilt - I love doing Dresdens. The border fabric is fabulous too :-)

Carla said...

My boss would love that quilt. She's crazy for orange : ) It will be awesome when done.
I have a few fat quarters of the new flea market fancy fabrics. What to do......