Followers

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Little Man Who Wasn't There

Growing up, my home was plagued with "the little man who wasn't there." No one ever saw him. My grandfather, whom we lived with, was always blaming him for his missing tools. The little man followed the family when we moved from New Jersey to Texas, and when we moved from the city out to the country. It has been 24 years since my grandfather died, and I haven't heard much about that little man since. In fact, I'd almost forgotten him entirely.

This morning I walked into my workroom to find this....

For those of you who can't stand not being able to see the top of my tiny pin cushion....

it looks like this.

I know I didn't leave it skewered to the table like a rare butterfly....I can hear snickering in the dark corners of my room....or is that the dusty corners of my mind....either way it is nice to have him around.

I love you Pa.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

My granddad used to tell me fairies hid things (I would to this day love to know how a fairy managed to move tools that I still have issues picking up!) But now when something strange happens in our house I know the fairies did it and think of him :)

Lynne said...

From the angle of that photo it looked like some kind of weird insect -- walking!

Patti said...

Great story, Cindy. And the pincushion is pretty sweet as well! It DOES look like a spider!!