- Delivering Christmas throws to my s-i-ls on Thanksgiving went well. They all loved their gifts. I even got two sweet thank you notes.
- I got a new car. Pretty awesome! I was driving a Honda Odyssey
boatmini van. It was very posh. However it was huge and very in love with my garage door. The bargevan was too big for the garage, and didn't come with a shoe horn. The tail gate was forever getting hung on the garage door. Locked together, neither would go up or down. The harder you pushed or pulled the more stuck they got. (Kind of reminded me of teenagers, braces, and experimentation in kissing). If it weren't for the slick sliding doors I don't know how we would have loaded people in it. (Loosing 60 pounds didn't help one bit). I guess I'll have to patch the whole in the wall now. Now I have a Honda CR-V. It isn't as fly, as if a mini van could be, but it is much easier to manouver, and the garage hasnt even bothered to introduce itself.
- I got a used truck too. Sweet Gilbert found a deal on a 2002 Ford Ranger 4wd with only 60,000 miles on it. It is all black and has an extended cab. Our 16 year old is very excited about this "legit" ride. I am very excited about all of the batting that will fit in the covered bed....and the eminent end to my morning Mommy Taxi duty. For the record the truck isn't John's. It is for him to use, as long as he earns the right with good grades and a right attitude....neither of which has ever been a problem for him. The truck will be his at graduation if he makes it to graduation with a 90 or better for his GPA. Yes, I do believe in bribing my children.
- I finished a scarf for my sweet 100 year old friend. I'm tempted to give it to her before Christmas, but think it is probably just as fun for her to receive a gift on the big day as it is for me to give it.
- I have shingles....or at least the aches and pains that go along with it. No rash....yet.
- My in-laws are on their way to my house for their annual Christmas visit. Remember that rain storm I was telling you about? It has their plain stuck on the tarmack. They will be here in an hour or so. I have the house tidied....I even cleaned our "guest rooms" (a.k.a. The boys game room and extra bath) just for them. The rest of the house is still coated in premium Pyrenese fluff. I had thought to sweep, but really the point of that would be what exactly. I'll just tell them that the white fluffies are part of the Christmas decor.....organic snow!
- My oldest son has finished his first semester of college, has one more basketball practice to work, and then he is headed home for the holiday. Wahoo! He should get in late this evening.
- I have tennis elbow. Oh boy. You don't suppose that the binding on two twin sized quilts, three Christmas throws, two baby quilts, and a lap robe all in the last month has anything to do with that? Gilbert thinks it might. I think it is from sweeping up that premium Pyrenese fluff. Another good reason to let it lie where it is.
- My Johnny, son #2, is about to turn 16! OMG. Where did the time go?! He was born at 2:00 am on December 20, 1995. It was a very, very cold day when I went into labor...around 7:00pm on December 18. I think it took so long because I was listening to Bing Crosby singing "Baby its Cold Outside". John heard every word and decided he was good right where he was.